Hi there. I’m wondering if there is anyone who has experienced this because I’m dining if unbelievably unfair and heartbreaking. I grew up without a father which was really hard for me. My mother and I clashed a lot and had a very turbulent relationship. At the age of 25 I flew to America and met my dad for the first time with my son who was 10 months old at the time. A relationship blossomed and we became really close. We FaceTimed all the time and my kids absolutely adored him. Due to COVID and me having other children we were unable to go and visit but that was always the plan. Fast forward 5 years and I my dad starts to feel unwell, gets checked out and mass on his Pancreas. He was classed as having stage 4 Pancreatic cancer and he died a month later. I didn’t even get to process the diagnosis and then he passed away. I feel so robbed of time with my dad. Regretful for not asking him questions like why be never tried to find me or even really get to know him. I was just so happy to have a dad and a good dad too. Has anyone connected with a parent only to lose them soon after?

Posted by shanikabrown92 at 2022-04-27 07:56:52 UTC