Hi, I’m new here and I’m so glad I joined. It’s so nice to be able to connect with people who have been through the same/similar thing- something I have struggled to do. I lost my mum on the 19th March 2020 to complications with bowel cancer. She was 52, I was 19. Me and our whole family were there with her. We were so close, and I miss her so much. The feeling I have now is still so similar to the feeling I had when she died. So much has happened since, I’ve graduated, got a new partner, my sister had her first baby, me and my siblings all got our first homes. There is so much she’s missed, and it makes me so sad to think about how much more she’s going to miss. The support from friends was really tricky- none of my friends had lost a parent and I think they found it hard to support me. I was studying for my degree at the time and it felt as though so many people forgot because of their own lives/ workload. I feel annoying to ever talk about it to friends, so I don’t. How do people go about talking about their grief to other people? I never know how I can start the conversation without someone else feeling awkward about it .

Posted by Georgina at 2022-07-27 14:08:59 UTC