I got to spend time with Dad yesterday for Father’s Day. At one point he told me that my brother will be coming to visit him at the end of the month for a week. Normally I’d just stay away, but I’m concerned. Dad and I had made plans to take Mom flowers on their anniversary. My brother will be here and I know he’ll orchestrate my absence into his false narrative about me. I’m also concerned he’s going to give away more of Mom’s possessions without giving me any say. I’m more concerned his doing this would cause Dad’s Alzheimer’s to advance than anything else. I’m going to make the point of visiting Dad before my brother gets here and ask him if I can have some of Mom’s clothes. I’m also going to arrange to meet them at the cemetery on Mom’s anniversary, even if it means I camp out there the entire day. This is probably my own trauma and anxiety that my brother caused reacting. I’ve been in therapy, not only to manage my grief over Mom passing, but working through the trauma that my brother put me through that has gotten in the way of my grieving process. As time has gone on more of his lies have been proven for being exactly that so I have zero trust with him. I’m thankful he doesn’t know where I live as well. Thanks for reading this far and if you have any suggestions I’m open to them

Posted by hollandc7 at 2024-06-17 18:42:16 UTC