*Spoiler* for anyone who hasn’t seen Wanda vision. I finally watched this series after starting it the day it came out. And you know what I’m so glad I did. All the hurt and pain and sorrow Wanda was feeling for having lost Vision is exactly how I feel. All I want to do (if super powers were real) is scream uncontrollably because I am so broken on the inside and create a fake reality where my mom is back alive with my sisters and I. And Vision says I think in the 8th episode, “What is grief is not love preserving?” And it hit me like a ton of bricks. This is basically what I said at my mom’s funeral, a quote from Jamie Anderson which reads: Grief, I’ve learned, is really just love. It’s all the love you want to give, but cannot. All that unspent love gathers up in the corners of your eyes, the lump in your throat, and in that hollow part of your chest. Grief is just love with no place to go. And it sucks because all I want to do is tell my mom I love her, and hold her again and I can’t. The best I have is smelling her perfume and listening to old voice mails…

Posted by k_leighwhite at 2022-07-01 15:48:01 UTC