My ex- boyfriend died on the 28th December 2023; we were building bridges to get back together, I had imagined he was the person I was going to marry. I am an English teacher at a secondary school in my first year. I continued going to work after the Christmas break, haven’t had a single day off. Just as context, never lost anyone I was this close to - luckily don’t have much experience with grief at all. After he died, I continued as normal, have cried at least once a day since I found out he died but mostly in private after work. I have been able to continue doing my job, and well. This week, so nearly three months after loss, has been the most challenging. I have been short tempered, uninspired, completely miserable and all these things have led me to be shit at my job. I’ve been a bad teacher and a bad person this week. Is it “normal” to be this affected so long after the initial loss when I was “fine” immediately after? I am struggling to see if it’s the grief or if I’m actually just not cut out for teaching…

Posted by fayeholland97 at 2024-03-15 17:49:20 UTC