Hi, I’ve downloaded this because I’m struggling with coming to terms with my dads loss on 22nd May this year. He was taken to hospital as a precaution, as his blood pressure was 210 and they found a bleed on the brain. The first two days looked positive after major surgery, then overnight he just.. went. After two days of positive hope his blood had poisoned his brain fluid & was put in a induced coma, while his body was shutting down and that was it. The nurses said he “was in his own coma” now which was a polite thing to say but then having to make the choice with my mum & brother to end the life support was the hardest. Although I know there was 0% of a normal life after and he was completely gone, the fact we had to make the choice has hurt me more than anything.. I wish he went ‘naturally’ and the decision was taken from us. I have two children, 3 & 10 months so it has been a incredibly hard time to find time to “mourn”. Please tell me I’m not the only one to feel like this? *he was awaiting liver cancer treatment on 18th May & got the all clear from bowel cancer 5th year running.

Posted by lotti.g at 2022-06-20 17:01:59 UTC