Hi everyone. I just joined today because I’m looking for a community of people who understand grief and loss. My ex husband and father of my two children died in a tragic car accident on October 8th. We shared 50/50 custody and he had an amazing relationship with them. We spent every holiday, birthday, back to school night, sporting event, etc together. He was my partner in parenting and we loved each other very very much. We never made a single decision without discussing it and always supported each other. Although we were divorced, we had recently had conversations about our love for each other and how we wanted to go back to therapy to see if we could make it work. While im grieving this huge loss for and with my children (ages 9 and 7), I’m also grieving the loss of my partner and the love of my life who I never get to have the future with that we had talked about not long ago. It’s been so hard to accept and to let go. My kids have been angry lately but not displaying a lot of other emotion. They’re trying to process as best they can and are going to therapy. Becoming a 100% parent is such a huge life change for me and for the kids. I can’t be their dad and that breaks my heart. I don’t know what exactly I need right now, but it feels good to vent to this community that will understand. Thank you for reading. And love to all of you.

Posted by laurenjackson324 at 2023-11-30 04:36:39 UTC