Good morning from Australia. I’m new to the community and wanted to introduce myself. I lost my younger brother (aged 42 yo) suddenly 10 years ago to OD. In Jan 2020 my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer and because we lived in different States, were kept apart due to Covid restrictions. She died 30/9/2020. No funeral. My dad had lung disease but his prognosis was around 10 years. He followed Mum due to loneliness and hopelessness on 15/10/2021. No funeral (Covid restrictions). We finally held a memorial for the two of them in March this year. My two sisters are not great emotional support, struggling with their grief and loss in their own ways and I have felt quite alone. I’ve found my anxiety has increased and I find myself avoiding things that cause me stress. I even left my job because I was finding it hard to cope with when it got busy or if anything out of the ordinary happened. I’m saddened by the lack of support and understanding generally out in Society and feel we need to help educate people and help to remove the stigma around talking about death and all that comes with it.

Posted by Rosa at 2022-06-15 00:14:00 UTC