Hi guys, I joined a couple of months ago but have only just been able to post. I lost my dad 26.11.2020 after years of him battling his health. He had an accident when I was 5 years old, he was 31, this left him partially paralyzed from the waist down, so I've never really known him well. He did defy the odds and walked again after 2 operations and rehabilitation however the last 9 years of his life things got worse and he suffered immensely bringing on new health issues, such heart failure, kidney disease, odeoma in both legs, the list is endless to be honest. The last 8 years I was his main carer, I won't go into detail but it was hard and draining but I would do it all again. The last few months of his life he suffered so badly, in and out of hospital, when they told dad and I that there was nothing more they could do, his kidneys had failed, I fought to get him back home, this was his wish as he knew his life was coming to an end. This period of the last 8 days was so traumatic for me and him, but with the help of hospice at home care, he was safe and felt loved, I never left his side even sleeping on a camp bed next to him, the hardest thing o have ever been through, to tell him it was okay to leave me was something I had to do but didn't want to. My dad passed with me holding his hand and telling that I loved him. He was 63, I was 35. I don't think I have or ever will get over the trauma of the last few years and weeks of his life but I do try and take comfort in knowing I did all I could for him and got him home at the end where he wanted to be. I will miss him forever and I now have a massive void in my life after losing my hero! Thank you for reading. My thoughts are with every single one of you that has lost a loved one ❤

Posted by Charley x at 2022-05-20 11:35:06 UTC